background

Thursday, January 19, 2012

What to do with all that cardboard?

After moving an entire household from Georgia to Alaska we ended up with a ton of empty cardboard boxes. I could have freecycled them, but there aren't that many people moving in and out of Ketchikan. I could compost them...but I'm not sure I'll be gardening that much this year. I could throw it away, but that seems like such an awful waste. When I was a kid I went to an exhibit on cardboard furniture at the High, and to this day I remember the working recliner made of cardboard. So I looked around online, knowing that someone somewhere must do something with all that left over cardboard. Here is what I found...






What I don't want to do is spend a lot of time making things that won't last. Obviously cardboard isn't wood...but I still don't want to make a bunch of stuff only to end up throwing it away in a month. I liked the tutorial for the bins because she doubles up on the cardboard for the bins. I will start with a few and see how durable they are...after that the sky is the limit.

Stay tuned to see what I do with an entire basement filled with cardboard boxes...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...