background

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tiny Grayscale Lotus Chicken

This was such a fun little project to make, plus I tried some new things. I had never made i-cord, which I used for the legs, and I have never knitted a fully 3D object.



I learned I love using double pointed needles. The flexibility they allow, particularly in making the i-cord is so cool. (of course you have to watch them closely so that your work doesn't go sliding right off the end) Hey, and here's something I didn't know...did you know that i-cord stands for idiot cord? (as in you must be an idiot if you can't make this...rude, but honest)



I didn't have the colors they asked for to make the chicken, but I had tons of leftover grays and black. So I made a 2-tone gray chicken with black details. (hence the grayscale...hee hee) I also went a little crazy with the legs, thinking they would be cute if they dangled more. It wasn't cute...just weird, so I curled them up in criss-cross apple sauce and fancied it up by giving it a yoga name. (and then Laurel and I giggled and giggled about it) Man it's good to hear her giggle. She's been sick for so long now I thought I would never hear her real voice again!!! Giggling at my little yoga chicken was about the first real sound I've heard from her since the weekend...so it was totally worth it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...