background

Friday, November 19, 2010

Focusing Lens Needed Here

I can't seem to focus on what to make. Maybe because my life is totally different now and I'm constantly trying new things to see what I like. Curriculum, bread recipes, cleaning strategies, etc. Plus I have a house to jack up, and rotted floor joists to replace. Then I have another house to completely pack up and move out of. The easiest and most enticing things on my to do list is to move into a camper for the next 6 months. Is that strange? (Silly question OF COURSE IT IS) But it's enticing because it takes away the safety net, the excuses and the wasted time. So really I can't wait.
In the meantime I've wanted to open the store again, but I feel like I just can't focus on what to create. There are so many things I want to do and want to try. I don't want to go back to making the same stuff, I want to stretch myself. But at the same time, it isn't the time to work on labor intensive stuff...I have enough of that coming my way.
So far I'm taking it step by step. A loaf of bread here, a quilt there. I stopped sketching about two weeks ago because all-sketch and no-sew makes me unproductive. But I'm working my through it. It's like writer's block, except I'm overwhelmed with ideas and don't know where to start.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...