background

Monday, November 1, 2010

Beginnings and Ends


(drawn by Laurel...I loved the detail she put into the stripes and leaves)

The kids just weren't quite ready for Halloween to be out of their system, so yesterday they...

Stayed in their Halloween PJs

(re)Sorted their candy

and

Scooped out the rest of the pumpkins for roasting and turning into pumpkin pie, pumpkin soup and pumpkin muffins (actually we ended up having turkey sausage-pumpkin casserole and pumpkin pie with a trick-or-treated Hershey bar shaved on the coolwhip...VERY fancy) ((And I learned that when I ask my hubby for whipped cream...he gets cool whip...and doesn't seem to understand that it's not the same thing.))

And I started a new quilt yesterday. It hasn't progressed far because of kids and all the pumpkin roasting going on...but there is something exciting about watching the beginning come together and waiting for the end result. It's called Always, and it will have it's own post soon (when it's done). But here is a tiny sneak peak...


Also, I saw these branch-stemmed rustic pumpkins over on The Lettered Cottage this morning, and I really want to make them. They'd be so cute tossed into a big basket, or an old wagon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...