background

Thursday, May 17, 2012

You Are My Sunshine Skirt (aka Crib Sheet Skirt Number 2)



After 2 solid weeks of rain the sun has finally come out in Southeast Alaska. In the last two days we have played on the playground, the beach and the backyard. After a long day of playing, I was tired (though the kids were not), so while they played in the backyard I made this skirt.


I didn't realize there was such a large remnant of the crib sheet left from the last skirt. I found it on the ground, and when I picked it up I realized it was the perfect size for a second skirt. I didn't have to do anything, it was already the right width and length. So I sewed up the back seam and appliqued on a hand cut sun. The heart was a late addition...to cover a hole I accidentally cut while trimming thread. (it happens) I love projects like this, quick, unplanned and cute. (oh, and FREE!)


So now we have rain-or-shine skirts...that way our fashion sense can be as fickle as our weather.

And don't think that's the end of the crib sheet just yet...I have one more project that's almost done.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...