background

Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Crafty Chemist

I renamed myself. No more Maggie Blue. It makes sense, I'm a chemist, I like to craft...The Crafty Chemist...but, alas (and not a surprise) it's already taken on ETSY. In fact it's taken twice, TheCraftyChemist and CraftyChemist. Oy. Ah well, I'm pretty attached to MB anyway...it's more than a store, it's my alter-ego.

be honest...it's a little strange to have so many chemist-turned-crafters, right?



The reason for the change is that I've been messing around for years on the internet looking at recipes for handmade body products (lotions, scrubs, etc). My interest first arose when I decided to get pregnant with Laurel. I switched over to Alima for my makeup, natural soap for washing and jojoba oil for moisturizing. But now that I'm in my mid-30s that doesn't really cut it. (those under-eye bags are getting too baggy) Once in a great while I'll remember to use my homemade body scrub, which of course is ridiculously easy to make and works well. But I'm ready for a more regular skin care regime, since I neither want or can afford the chemical laden stuff from the store...I will try my own.



More recently with the help of Pinterest I've been able to collect recipe after recipe for a variety of body lotions, body butters, deodorant, lip balm, etc. And I am ready to jump in and try some out. Since I ACTUALLY earned some money today working part-time I think I will put it towards an initial investment in some of the basics I will need. Coconut oil, shea butter, some more essential oils, etc. I've heard that Mountain Rose Herbs is an awesome resource from many people, so I think I will start there and try out some recipes. I'll let you know how they turn out.



click on the pictures to take you to the posts

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...