background

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Old Dogs Can Learn

So I learned two new things today...

1) The top of the woodstove makes an excellent coffee warmer. This is especially true if you nurse your coffee like I do, and if you happen to be spending the morning in front of the woodstove reading and sketching. (But don't tell Jon, he babies the woodstove like it was...well...his baby)

2) You cannot remove the stink of fish oil from your husband's uniform shirt no matter what you use! I've tried vinegar, baking soda, toothpaste, borax, washing soda, soap...and now have tried bleach...which I so rarely use I had to dig it out. So for starters...don't wash your uniform shirt with a fish oil capsule in the pocket...and secondly...there is no secondly...just don't do it. I can smell fish everywhere.

So take a look at this little beauty. Like the true freaks of nature we seem to be turning into, I think we are going to install a wood burning cook stove into our kitchen. We found this particular one from a manufacturer in the southwest with REALLY reasonable prices. And it includes the water jacket, so hot water for cocoa or tea any time. Plus it will heat our kitchen, and has 6 cooking eyes and an oven and a bread warmer for good rising even in the winter months.
LOVE IT!

2 comments:

Jeni Key said...

OMG. OMG. OMG - just... OMG! That stove is amazing.

Unknown said...

I know...I can't help but look at it. I'm thinking we'll go ahead and buy it and install it in January. We may not have floors...or ceilings...or anything else...but we'll have a pretty stove!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...