background

Monday, April 30, 2012

First Lost Tooth and a Tooth Pillow


This isn't just Laurel's first lost tooth, it's OUR first lost tooth. Like every first it seemed so special, so exciting. When she was getting close to prying that tooth out she started putting on the pressure for me to make her a tooth pillow.

(I did promise, I just kept forgetting)


Stepping into the sewing room I wasn't sure what I would make, but then I saw the scraps of blue left over from the crib-sheet-skirt. And then it came to me---WHALE! Laurel loves whales, so it was a perfect fit.


I freehand cut the whale, made a quick pocket, appliqued a heart onto the pocket and sewed the pocket onto the right-side of the whale. Then I sewed the whale right sides together, leaving an opening, flipped it around, stuffed it and sewed it up by hand.


Voila! Cute whale, tooth pocket, happy girl. Life is good.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...