background

Monday, January 17, 2011

Wishful Thinking


After being trapped in the house for a week due to ice and snow...can you tell what's on my mind? Laurel and I have been trying to sprout avocado pits, apple seeds, wheat berries...anything and everything it seems. I am so ready for spring. So ready to till some ground and plant some seedlings. So ready to taste the fruits of the harvest. This will be the first year we have the land to have a REAL garden. Like my grandmother did. I have the boots now (Christmas present) and now I'm ready. In fact, Laurel and Luke got theirs for Christmas too...we are garden ready. I even have plans for outdoor cubbies on the back porch to keep the boots in so that they are ready to throw on every morning to feed the chickens and goats and to collect whatever food might be ripe and ready.




Jon actually has a line on a goat that will be born in the spring and he seems ready to jump. If he's ready, I'm ready. Spring needs to come now because I'm ready to grow something.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...