background

Friday, May 31, 2013

Upcycled Fashion: Little Girls Sweater Dress from an old OLD NAVY Men's Sweater


This one was fun...



First, I laid out the sweater and used a tunic she already had as a makeshift pattern.  (I traced around it with a marker, then cut it out)



I used the little extra piece of material at the top as the ruffle sleeve, I just flipped it around so that the flat side was in towards the sleeve hole, allowing the rounded side to ruffle.


Then I just sewed up both sides along the marker line, hemmed the outside edge of the sleeves (I think that's easier to do before you put them on) and then I put the ruffle sleeves on.

IT WAS THAT EASY! The sweater was headed to the Goodwill anyway...so it doesn't even matter if you screw it up.  That's the beauty of up-cycling, it allows you to experiment without spending a lot on fabric.



(Ignore the chocolate pudding on her face...)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...