background

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Take that cable, bind it up, all day long you'll have good luck!

I broke my last needle revisiting the fabric bowl idea. I sat down with the remaining materials from the first fabric bowl and made myself a fabric coaster. This one came out a little better, and I think a stack of different colored fabric coasters would make an adorable ROY-G-BIV coaster set. But, since I was out of cord and needle-less I had no choice but to find something else to do.



So last night as the kids and I were sitting in the living room, waiting for the storm to pass, I brought out a scrap of fabric and a needle and bound my little cable knit swatch like a little quilt. I had been wondering how it would look to knit a little blanket and then bind it like a quilt. Seems like it would add a nice pop of color as well as some extra strength and stability. I'm not sure if that's a thing people do, or if that's the kind of thing that knitters and quilters alike would look down upon. No matter...I think it's a fine idea.



So here it is, my tiny little cable-knit quilt.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...