background

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Party


I had no idea how the party would turn out...this was the first time we invited friends to a birthday party. Our family is so big that it's just always been enough, but this year Laurel really wanted to invite her own friends. I guess it's no surprise that few people RSVP'd (I'm horrible at it myself, so I'm not judging, just observing) so heading into the party we only had 2 confirmed yeses. ZOIKS! Would she notice? Would she care? Should I make cake for 4 or 20?

In the end...
people came

fun was had

cake was eaten

little girl was happy.

Happy birthday to my beautiful girl. You are a wonder to me. It lifts my heart every morning when I hear your first words. I love you always.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...