background

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Girl Unscripted


I have a girl who loves many things. The ocean, rabbits, ducks, the woods, crochet, reading, cooking. She wants more than anything to raise animals on a farm, have guinea pigs and a saltwater fish tank. She reads late into the night, no matter how many times we tell her she should go to bed. She is growing into the woman that she will become, and I both love and despair at her growing independence of thought and action...because it means, she is growing up.

I am riding the waves of her life, and realizing that even when it's rocky I'd rather be here then on the shore watching. I am thankful that at this time in my life I can devote everyday to growing with my kids. And what I've learned is that the older they get the more complex, interwoven, delicate and beautiful the relationship becomes. I live in those moments right now, and it is worth the work to make it as beautiful as it can be.

Happy Birthday my girl.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...