background

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012


My kiddos making the pies...pumpkin and caramel apple.


These aprons were made for my very first craft fair 4 years ago. It was the second item I sold, but three were left over, so I kept them...and we've worn them every Thanksgiving since then.


(the dog didn't move an inch until the cooking was done)


The kids set both tables all by themselves. The dining room table was set for Thanksgiving dinner and the coffee table was set for brunch, which we ate while watching the parade on Thanksgiving morning.




Laurel made pilgrim hat placecards for everyone.



The food was plentiful...the turkey lasted nearly a week...strangely the pies only lasted 2 days.



The homemade huckleberry sauce that we made from fall's late harvest berries at Settler's Cove came out GREAT! (but I was prepared with a can of back up cranberry sauce just in case...oh me of little faith)


I am so thankful for my family, without them I wouldn't be having such an incredible year. It seems like every holiday is better (and more special) than the last. And while I realize that these days of magical holidays with kids won't last forever...I'm thankful that they are here now (and for a few more years at least). I'm even thankful that my boy came to the table as both a vampire victim (puncture wounds on his neck) and a vampire (blood dripping from his lips) courtesy of crayola markers...because we just wouldn't be us without a little crazy at the table.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...