background

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Holla Homeschooling Peeps

That's right parenting gangstas...I am joining the ranks of the homeschooling nation. I am so excited about this choice, but it wasn't one made lightly or quickly.



I will be homeschooling a 1rst grader and a part-time preschooler. Laurel and I already have a list a mile long with all the things we want to learn. Plus, here in Alaska (maybe everywhere???) there is a yearly stipend to cover curriculum, internet, supplies and classes...like guitar (SQUEAL). Cost was originally a hindrance to us since we do choose to live well within our means (ie frugally). But in the end the decision was made for me, by my bones. I've said before that when I know what I'm supposed to do I feel it in my bones (IN MY BONES). And if I choose not to do the thing that my bones know is right---I throw myself off balance. I become angry and cranky, because you should always do what you know to be right!! Seriously folks, listen to your bones.



We are ready for this challenge...I have visions of hiking, beach combing, guitar playing, bread making, knitting, sewing, reading, gardening and of course learning. I'm looking forward to stuff like this:





Damn it feels good to be a Gangsta.

(People who aren't familiar with the song...please don't be offended...it's just a joke. Oh man, I've probably already scared off the conservative homeschooling crowd. Ah well, it was bound to happen sooner or later)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...