background

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!



After getting all the Easter orders shipped I was happy to just relax a little and spend some quality time with my kids. I hope you guys all got to do the same. Easter was fun...it involved egg wars (raw and boiled...eww) , easter egg dying, egg hunting, cake eating, etc etc. The day before Easter I woke up at 3AM and couldn't go back to sleep. So, I figured I'd head into the studio and get some work done. I had to do a prototype bag for a giveaway later this week (which didn't turn out the way I wanted, but I'll write more on that later). After that I decided to make the kids Easter outfits which I sort of forgot about.


Of course I didn't use a pattern, and the kids were sleeping so I could do any sizing until they woke up. Despite that, I was pleased with the outcome. While not particular "Eastery" their outfits were unique. Laurel's outfit included the skirt, blouse and coordinating headband. While Luke's was just the tie. Boys are harder to sew for. The funny part was Luke's tie was the prototype for a new line I've been planning on doing of letter & name ties....while I thought my font-choice was adorable, everyone else thought it was a number 1, instead of a lower case L. Live and learn

1 comment:

The Miller Family said...

I love the girls outfit - you can check out your easter baskets on our blog - Thanks for making them, they are fantastic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...