background

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Front Page Dreamin'

I want to get on the front page of ETSY. It's a pride thing, but I do. I think I'll feel validated if I can see that someone at ETSY likes something enough to put it up there. I know, I should feel validated because people keep buying from me. And I should feel validated when they post positive feedback. And I DO...and it makes me so happy that people like my stuff and stop to tell me so. BUT I WANT TO BE ON THE FRONT PAGE OF ETSY. Sigh. I've decided that rather than sit and mope I'll just keep designing new things and posting them, and one day my hard work will pay off. I've got a couple of new things so far...my monster jingle ball, that was fun to make. (And fun to play with...Laurel and I have been throwing that thing around for days) I also made a bag for my niece's 5th birthday. I've been wanting to do a fabric version of my Candid Memory Portraits, but I just hadn't really had a chance to do it. So I decided that's what I'd do for her, a bag with her face on it. I had planned to do stitched eyes, but Laurel was insisting that I use buttons instead. (She and I went to see Coraline on Sunday so she's currently obsessed with buttons for eyes) I even have these garrishly oversized bright colored buttons that she puts on her eyes and calls herself the "Other Laurel." I love that kid, she's so funny. She can make me laugh no matter what is going on. Even in the midst of getting in trouble she can make a funny face and I can't help but laugh. I'm doomed...she has the upperhand and she knows it! In any case, I was able to get Jess' bag finished AND I got to use some great fabric I've been hoarding for just the right project. I was pleased with the outcome...though I'm looking at it right now, and the more I look at it the spookier the eyes look. I can only hope that Jess hasn't seen Coraline...otherwise it might give her nightmares. Hmmm...I didn't think of that.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...