background

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Freedom




If you would have told me two years ago that I would be living on an island in Alaska, that I would own a boat, and that rubber boots would become part of my daily footwear...I would not have believed it (but I would have thought it was really cool).



And yet, here were are; new boat owners.



Here she is folks, our Freedom. Laurel came up with the name at the same time I was thinking about how a boat really gives you freedom, so it seemed like fate. And in this family when fate names something we go with it...fate named my daughter, fate named me (actually the doctor that delivered me named me at the last minute because they thought I was a boy...surprise!).



Today was our maiden voyage...and yes, we did it up right. I didn't chop off the top of a champagne bottle with a sword or anything...but sparkling cider in fancy plastic cups did the trick. (Jon may be the one that bought the boat, insured it, figured out where to store it, rewired the car for the trailer, moved it and put it in the water...but I bought the fancy plastic cups.)



We're going to have one hell of a summer.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...