background

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Cracking 50 (sales that is...age-wise I've got a little while)



My goal for this year is to crack 50 sales by Christmas.  This has been such a whirlwind.  From posting my first product on October 24, to 43 internet sales today.  Not too shabby.  Of course with the craft fairs, etc the sales are already past 50, but I would like to see the "number of sales" on ETSY to say 50 or higher.  With multiple sales coming in a day right now that seems really possible.  
It's amazing how quickly this kicked off.  When I sat down and started designing in October, I'm not really sure what I thought would happen.  But it's amazing to look at all the sales I've made so quickly.  Of course there are sellers on ETSY with 100s of sales, 1000s of sales probably too.  I'm not ready for that.  Nothing I do is on a mass production scale...it's just me.  I wouldn't even know where to begin mass producing!  So I'm content...no...I'm elated with my sales.  I'm really proud of myself.  There are very few times in my life when I've been proud enough with myself to not be too shy to admit it.  (Sometimes we're proud of something, but too timid to give ourselves credit for it)  Not this time.  I'm proud, excited, pleased, etc, etc.  And do you know what I've learned?  I love the raw emotion involved in being proud of myself...and not being too humble to say so!!  I feel much more in touch with myself.  I feel happier.  I've been more fun lately...at home, at work...all the time.  I can't believe I spent so many years wishing I was doing this instead of just doing it.  Though, I have to admit, without ETSY I might not have started.  It's so easy to start.  Within 30 minutes you could be up and running with your own webstore.  The digital age rocks. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...