background

Saturday, June 14, 2014

squidy the felted bowl



Sometimes in life you just have to accept that you are awesome.

I know, it's a hard lesson...but even the hard lessons need to be learned.




I learned my lesson last night when I finished a project that Laurel and I had started together.  It was going to be an embroidered felted bowl.  (felted first, with an embroidered design inside the bowl on the bottom) First I crocheted the bowl, then we felted it by tossing it in the washer and dryer with all our other laundry. (I know...we're so awesome we can experiment with a new craft AND get the halibut blood out of my pants at the same time)


I had never felted anything like this before, so I was surprised to see it didn't shrink that much.  Since it was still so tall I thought the design might look better on the outside.  I gave it some thought, and I decided to needle felt a design on instead.  (the kids and I had just tried our first needle felting project the week before) We had some leftover wool; and at first I was thinking starfish...since they are around us all the time.  But then I had an inspired thought...a squid!  


All in all...it took no more than 10 minutes to felt the little guy!  We all loved him so much we gave him a home on our super-special-project shelf.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...